games and utilities
- Conway's Game of Life - Simple mathematical rules to implement a cellular automaton.
- Game Service - A web service for storing and retrieving high scores for games. This is particulary useful for java applets, which are very limited in which resources they can access.
- Graph Workbench - A java desktop application for 2D graphs, particularly those that are non linear. Most of the example graphs are fractal in nature, but there is a plugin framework for providing your own algorithms.
- Lunar Rescue - People are stuck on the moon. I have no idea why. Let's just go rescue them anyway.
- Markov Name Generator - Create some weird sounding names, using rules established by not so weird sounding names.
- PacMan - An adventure game that explores a range of adult concepts including death, the afterlife and drug usage.
- Text Adventure Game Creator - A graphical tool for authoring interactive fiction, which most of us will remember in the form of text adventure games. No scripting required, just a bit of creativity and a web browser.
- TR4KS - This is my first entry into the Java4K 2010 competition, which requires the entrant to create a java applet no more than 4K in size.